Happy Thanksgiving to all. It’s a nice time to get together and enjoy your people and, of course, eat. Eating is the hand that binds us all. Here what this Alaskan is cooking for his Thanksgiving- moose ribs.
I have cooked a lot of ribs but I wanted these to be a bit smaller due to their enormous size.
I tried the bone saw. Too slow.
I tried the axe. Tooo messy.
But alas I needed a better tool.
Sawsall- it’s in the name.
I thought you might get a kick out of how things get done behind the scenes before you come to my house for dinner. Enough of that- now onto the preparing moose ribs.
How to prepare moose or any game ribs:
- Cut the ribs up into whatever size you want
- Put them in a big pot with enough water to cover and boil them until they are tender (pre-heated water recommended). You can also put smaller quantities of ribs in covered baking dishes in the oven. Just put some water in the bottom to steam the meat until its tender.
- Once the moose ribs are cooked I like to cut them into individual pieces.From here you can either marinade as per a given recipe or they can go straight on the grill.
- Cooking- I did a marinade in soy, ginger, garlic, etc and a typical sweet barbeque sauce. Here are the ribs marinading.
- Eat it. If you would like to see where this moose came from take a look here at this falls hunt.I hope you liked the small window into life in the Interior of Alaska. If you like what you see here please Like or Follow us on WordPress. Of course, if you are on Facebook please “Like” us there too. You can also Tweet with me or Join My Circles on Google+